The night can be summed up thusly:
1) Great company
2) A’it food
3) BLAH beer
4) Decent service
Brew Review #14 took place at Mactarnahan’s Taproom on Friday February 5, 2010. I know that was over six weeks ago, but seriously, I didn’t even realize until today that I’d never actually finished writing this review. So – this should be great!
The architect & I ordered the double sampler to try everything that was offered.
And for the reactions! WOO!
- The gazelle: blah; ech
- The gazelle: ehn. (these are direct quotes taken from my scrupulous notes)
- The gazelle: ehn. (Again! The passion this beer inspires!)
- The gazelle: ick
- The archict: NASTY!
- L: Pisswater
- A: This reminds me of that scene in Waterworld where they drink their own urine.
- The neighbor: it’s like drinking out of an open butthole
- Cilley: Yucky.
- The gazelle: Blech.
- Cilley: it’s okay.
- A: not good at all.
- The gazelle: not bad
- A: pretty good (you can see that we were just relieved to have something that didn’t suck!)
- The gazelle: compared to everything else, this is drinkable.
- The gazelle: not bad for Hefe
Brewers Hand (imperial hefe)
- The gazelle: surprisingly good
- The architect: this is my favorite. Of the beers here.
- The neighbor: I like it.
- The gazelle: the most boring IPA in existence
- The architect: it’s alright
- The neighbor: it’s good.
I didn’t record any food reviews, although I did write down that at one point, the neighbor said, “You just can’t win with sausage.” 🙂
The food was fine. It wasn’t bad. It wasn’t mind blowing. It was food.
I drank a pint of the Brewer’s Hand Imperial Hefe, and didn’t hate it. BUT, I will be pleased to move on! A couple of new “M” breweries have opened recently, so we’ll have to re-visit the “Ms” again, but for now, I’m moving to a new letter!
Brew Review #15
Date: Friday 3/26/10
Time: 4:30 – whenever
Location: Old Market Pub & Brewery
Specifically: 6959 SW Multnomah Blvd.
Old Market is a little stingy with their happy hour – it’s over at 5:30 on Fridays – but they have a number of their own beers on tap, and a decent sandwich & pizza menu. You non-beer drinkers are not left out! They do also have liquor, so you’re covered.