But first – the March recap
- PR on the Shamrock 15K! – FAIL! I didn’t even start this race due to a small vomiting issue
- Get plant shelf populated – Definitely getting there – it’s slowly but surely coming together. YAY! I love green & growing things!
- Finish up super secret project requirements – DONE! WOO! As soon as I know more, I’ll share
- Think about food. – Good – I’ve been slooooooooowly losing weight, and trying really hard to think about what I’m eating & why.
- Continue to chip away at both debt & increase savings via snowflaking!- This is going quite well; I’ve sold some stuff on eBay & Amazon, and those small amounts, as well as a couple other unexpected checks have gone into debt repayment.
And now – for the April Goals
- Run 100 miles (fitness) – I was so close last month (well, I ran 85 miles, which is still 15 miles away, but I missed 2 long runs (17 miles total) that would’ve put me over the top. Also, the 85 was 30 more than the month before, and that’s pretty cool.
- Get all trees planted (home) – I have one tree that needs to go in the ground, and I’d like to pick up 3-4 more. In addition, I’d like to get a great deal more of the garden in.
- 5K & 10K PRs (running) – I have two races this month, and feel good about my ability to not only PR, but to break 30 minutes & 60 minutes respectively. I ran a test 5K about a week ago in 30:30, so I know I can go faster than that, provided my current shin splints are nice to me Sunday. The 10K will be a bit more challenging, but I ran 6 miles in 59:59 a few weeks ago, so I think that’s doable, too.
- Pay all outstanding medical bills (finance) – I keep getting all these ridiculous tiny medical bills from my PT & MRIs & XRays last year, and I can’t figure out if I still owe them, and how much, and why, since they’re all from the same damn place, they can’t just tell me the total that I owe, instead of sending me 50 million individual statements with 50 million different fucking amounts. Not that this makes me unhappy.
- Start writing again (personal) – seriously that was one of two reasons that I went part-time (the other has to do with March super secret goal #3), and I haven’t been. I need to figure out how to balance exercise/commute/home so that I can fit the writing in, too. Since tomorrow is my last day at my PT job, I’m hoping that Fridays can become more writing/running/swimming days. NO HOUSEWORK ALLOWED ON FRIDAYS! I also really need to do something different with my commute. If I take public transit, It’s a 3+ hour/day commitment. If I drive, I have to pay $10/day to park OR take my chances & park illegally. There must be a solution that will save time & money….That is part b of goal #5
Anyone else have some April Goals to share?