How did it get to be Monday again?

It’s weird – this Monday thing just keeps happening!  I don’t understand.

After the long run on Saturday, I was very productive for the rest of the day. I showered. And then I did……hmmmm….nothing? I was going to make some food for the wine party, but I didn’t. So I bought cheese & crackers, because who doesn’t love cheese & crackers? Crazy people, that’s who!

The wine party was pretty damn awesome. Thanks again to Emily for hosting us – your place is pretty amazing! There was wine. And food. And wine, I think. We had our tasting contest.

Rating the Wines
Rating the Wines

Jen & Zach totally kicked all our asses with their wine.

Jen for the Win!
Jen for the Win!

The rules were: bring 2 [identical] bottles of red under $10, the person who brought the highest rated bottle of wine got to keep all the duplicate bottles.  I’m not sure how that worked out  – I think the duplicate bottles ended up getting donated back to the party!

The $10 Wines
The $10 Wines

There was, as of course you’d expect at any classy wine party, a push-up challenge.

Look at those arms!
Look at those arms!

All-in-all, a good time was had.

A few of the ladies of PB&J (Portland Bloggers & Joggers): Sarah, Alisa, Amy, Jen & Emily

Sunday, I didn’t do much. I wasn’t hungover, just lazy! I did my menu planning for the next 2 weeks and then went grocery shopping so that my menus wouldn’t go to waste. After I returned home from the market, the architect & I had a beer & surveyed our property. I pulled eleventy-hundred weeds out of my flower/herb garden in front, and now there are only eleventy-hundred more to go!  Woo!

Mondays are usually my [workout] day off, but since I took yesterday off, I need to run tonight. If I run just 7.25 miles, I will hit 90 for the month. So, that’s probably what I’ll do 🙂

Now, it’s lunch time (finally). Have a good week!

March 30, 2009 - 11:58 am ·

I wish I had known what you were running today. I have 8 since I don’t want to do 8 on Friday before the race or on either day before/after our hills =). I’m supposed to do 8 miles with 6 at tempo pace but I’m going to shoot for doing 8 at my goal 1/2 pace (which is yet to be disclosed…we’ll see how the 8 goes before declaring a goal).

I think I may have rolled my ankle at some point during the party…remind me next time…15 miles + a night of heels and drinking = not a good idea =).

Thanks for posting pictures! Love them! Sooooooo fun!

I need to get on the push up challenge again. Maybe next time I’ll have stellar form like you and Jen and be able to do…15? 20?

March 31, 2009 - 8:59 am ·

I’m going to have to do my 7 after work tonight – last night all I managed was 400 crunches & my push-ups. I think I’m going to leave my bag at 24 downtown & run along the waterfront, if it isn’t pouring. I got up to run outside this morning, but it was rainy & windy & gross, so I just went back to bed. Tonight is my last chance to get to 90 miles!

You should definitely get started on the push-up challenge! I did 53 last night (in 5 sets: 8, 10, 10, 9, 16) & feel so strong! I want my arms to look as good as my abs by the end of May!

March 30, 2009 - 1:13 pm ·

Good job on not being hung over. It’s been a long time since I’ve been drunk on wine – so different from other types of drunk! ha ha. It was SUCH a great night!

March 31, 2009 - 9:00 am ·

Thanks – I very rarely get hangovers, and when I do it’s always weird (like after my work holiday party & 3 glasses of wine).

It was so much fun – I can’t wait for the next one!

March 31, 2009 - 9:02 am ·

That’s your punishment for not doing pushups! My arms didn’t hurt at all! (Maybe you were drunk rock-climbing?)

Thanks again for hosting – it was FANTASTIC!

March 30, 2009 - 7:25 pm ·

Only eleventy hundred weeds. wow, that’s pretty good. I think I have twice that amount here.

That party looked like a blast. Wish I were there.

March 31, 2009 - 9:02 am ·

I looked this morning, and it looked like for everyone I pulled out, three grew in their places! My front garden will never be clear!

March 31, 2009 - 5:06 am ·

i’ve got a lone spear of asparagus poking through the ground already, and it had to fight it’s way through the weeds in my asparagus patch. oh there’s about eleventy thousand weeds you could pull here!

the party seems like a lot of fun! how many pushups did you do? a ton or a half a ton?

i hate mondays.

March 31, 2009 - 9:03 am ·

I keep checking on my asparagus, but I don’t think it likes me at all. I feel that SOMETHING should be happening. My onions & peas & radishes & spinach have all sprouted! (My sunflowers are not coming up, either, which is frustrating….)

I did a half ton of pushups at the party – Jen did a full ton! 🙂

March 31, 2009 - 9:05 am ·

It was so great to finally meet the Architect! I had a blast with you all. Congrats again on the Pushup PR! Remember we said next time you’re going to do 30 and I’m going to do 50…. let’s hope that is in like 6 months, haha.

Um, there was no wine left to take home. Good Lord.

March 31, 2009 - 9:17 am ·

I did a total of 53 pushups last night, so I’ll be ready for my 30 at the next party – although perhaps NOT at Zach’s birthday pub bash! Perhaps my summer garden party in June 🙂