Almost there!

After my strange post yesterday (who did I make cry? how? and other questions!), I am here to report that I will probably survive this week.

I did not have a martini last night. I did have a cheese sandwich & a beer, but considering how often stress can lead to weird eating patterns for me, I think I did pretty well.

Today is not as bad as yesterday. I am not fired for making people cry or anything. Not yet, anyways.

My only real issue today is that my new deodorant is not really performing its anti-perspirant function, and the deodorizing function seems to operate mainly by smelling like I bathed in baby powder. It’s a good thing it was only $0.99 (on sale AND a coupon – too bad I hate it).

I have not worked out since Wednesday – I’ve been so sore from my Tuesday night PT exercises. But – I still reached my 5 workouts/week goal, so I’m okay with that.

Tomorrow I will maybe yoga – my car’s battery is not so much dead as ‘something very bad that I didn’t quite understand when the architect told me except that he didn’t think that I would need a whole new battery but maybe I would & we’d have to take it to the weird shop down the street that only takes cash’ so I don’t know if I’ll be driving anywhere tomorrow.

Today some friends of ours are moving (in together), and the architect is helping them move. I am meeting them afterwork to help them drink (I am such a giver).

I am so glad that there are 6ish hours left in the last week of this crazy time. I only have 4ish big projects in March & April, so I’ll have to catch up on other work & prepare for the next big push that is May/June.

Did I mention that next week I am vacationing? Also, it is my birthday.

Did I mention that this makes me happy?

• auntie
    February 20, 2009 - 11:07 am ·

yay for vacations and birthdays! i had to cancel my vacation that was planned for next week, so now i’m totally jealous.

• Elisabeth
    February 20, 2009 - 12:23 pm ·

Vacation?! Where?!

I long for a vacation. Unfortunately I would have to do it alone since My Gazelle is the po po, and his schedule is not cooperative.

So let me live vicariously through you.

• Amanda
    February 20, 2009 - 12:27 pm ·

can I go on vacation too?? what will you do to celebrate? I think the whole world should throw a ginormous party on my bday!

February 20, 2009 - 12:30 pm ·

Wooooo-hooooo for FRIDAY/vacations/birthdays!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to work on the PT stuff & ABS!!!! (and weights)

• Emily
    February 20, 2009 - 3:00 pm ·

Yay on vacation/birthday week! I am bummed that I will not be able to make the happy hour next week. I’ll be in Seattle. Booooo.

• Thickchick
    February 22, 2009 - 7:02 am ·

Hello fellow Pisces! Wahoooo to the end of your very stressful week. It sounds AWFUL to have to rely on other people to finish things! ARGH!

And I just have to say that I absolutely positively HATE any deoderant scents marketed toward women. I do not want my armpits to reek of baby butts or artificial flowers, thank you. Before I switched to hippie stick I began using mens anti-perspirants. They smell sooooo much better – you can get woodsy, musky, or ‘ocean fresh’ type scents. Far more tolerable. The powder-y stuff is definitely gag inducing, in my opinion.