So, last night was my work holiday party. I went. I wore the dress. I drank 3 glasses of wine, had a little food and some cheese and crackers. I was in bed & asleep by midnight.

This morning? I have the most ridiculous hangover! Bad! Headache, nausea! I rarely get hangovers, and certainly not from only 3 glasses of wine. I had to bail on my 10-mile plans with Junk Miles (although she was very understanding & we’re meeting tomorrow instead), but it’s irritating. The only times I ever get hangovers is if I drink a strange combination of alcoholic beverages – certainly not THREE GLASSES OF WINE!

I didn’t eat very much at the party (wasn’t hungry), and I guess I didn’t get enough water yesterday. But I totally limited myself to 3 glasses of wine to prevent hangovers so I’d have a good run today – and that is now EPIC FAIL!

Later today, I will get on the elliptical, but for now, it’s all I can do to hold my head up.

BUT – I wanted to give a huge shout-out to The Ambitious One, who despite her diagnosis of bronchitis earlier this week & her nagging knee problems, is finishing a marathon RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE (approximately, of course). I think she might be a wee bit crazy, but I’d probably do the same thing, so who am I to talk? Her husband, Mr. Pi, finished with a very respectable time of 3:28. Congratulations to the Ambitious Pi family!

And now, I think I need more beverage.

January 18, 2009 - 4:23 pm ·

I was hungover on Saturday – worse feeling ever. And I have to be lame and cancel tomorow! My leg hurts a lot after hiking today – I’ve been hobbling around my apartment ever since we got back. Sorry!!!

January 19, 2009 - 12:56 pm ·

I hope you have fun at the beach today! And there’s always next weekend for our running plans! I think A is going to be taking a bit of time off before starting San Diego training.

• aron
    January 18, 2009 - 9:53 pm ·

EKK i hate when that happens! i have had a random hangover here and there like that šŸ™ not fun

yayyyy for alisa!!! she is awesome šŸ™‚

• auntie
    January 18, 2009 - 10:37 pm ·

the more out of practice i get with the drinking, the more awful and random the hangovers seem to be. i hate to say it, but i think it’s a product of getting old šŸ™

January 19, 2009 - 12:59 pm ·

I certainly can’t drink like I did 10 years ago (which is probably okay – I don’t NEED to drink like I did 10 years ago), but I’m still sad about the three glasses of wine.

I had 3 glasses with cheese & crackers Wednesday night & suffered no ill effects at all! This was just a weird random event…

• Wifeofdingus
    January 19, 2009 - 8:42 am ·

I have a theory that women metabolism alcohol differently around the time Aunt Flo comes to visit… so consider your cycle when drinking.

But 3 glasses of wine and a hangover? I hate that… its the lamest. If its not your cycle, then perhaps the whole not enough food+not enough water during the day+not enough regular alcohol intake:)= a bite me hangover. Its suckish, I’m sorry.

January 19, 2009 - 1:01 pm ·

It was the LAMEST! I’d never thought of my cycle effecting how my body metabolizes alcohol – and that definitely wasn’t a factor this time, but I’ll be interested to see what happens in the future!

From now on, I will HYDRATE if I’m planning on drinking (I should probably just hydrate anyways….)

• Kristen
    January 19, 2009 - 9:08 am ·

Seriously, the older we get the less it takes!

Good job for still getting on the elliptical.

January 19, 2009 - 1:02 pm ·

Confession – I went for a walk with the architect instead of ellipticalling….but I still exercised, so that counts, right?

I do not agree with this ‘getting older’ thing. I was assured that it wouldn’t happen until I was closer to 40 šŸ™‚

January 19, 2009 - 1:04 pm ·

She did a pretty awesome job!

The 10 miler report is up- it was hard, but now it’s done (and I feel pretty damn good, too).

January 20, 2009 - 4:06 pm ·

At least you went out the next day…way to go attack that run like a Gazelle!

I can’t wait to start training with you for SD…although right now I’m looking forward to taking a few weeks off from running.

Thanks again for another shout out. I like it, the Ambious Pi Fam!

• Justin
    January 21, 2009 - 7:30 am ·

Thanks Gazelles! It was a great vacation and a good run. I’m looking forward to SD!

Ha! Ambitious Pi!