Run Away!

I just finished a 5 mile run. I feel terrific – although I have a blister on my left arch, which is just annoying (I even used Body Glide).

Last night’s party was fun – although spending time with a bunch of architects who have either been recently laid off or are anticipating being laid off soon is a bit on the depressing side. One of the archi-wives came up with a creative solution to my now no-go Mexican vacation. She suggested that for a couple days, we just turn up the heat in the house, get a space heater & then lay on the sofa in my bikini while the architect dons a cabana boy outfit & brings me guacamole and margaritas on demand. Last night, he thought that was a good idea. I hope he doesn’t forget!

Anyways – my run today – this was not the best run I’ve had – and I’m a bit disappointed in my times, but I did it, and that’s what really counts, right?

Mile 1: 10:57
Mile 2: 12:41
Mile 3: 12:16
Mile 4: 11:46
Mile 5: 11:32

Total: 59:14 (11:50 pace)

Mile 1 is downhill, and I was working really hard at staying close to 11 minute miles, mile 2 is a steep uphill – there is no excuse for mile 3’s time, and I’m disappointed that I didn’t stay closer to an 11 minute mile. I keep forgetting that it’s unrealistic to expect to be as fast as I was pre-kneehab.

I took two small walk breaks when I started being able to feel my knee.  But now that I’m done & did some stretching, it feels fine. I’ll still ice it in a bit, but I’m feeling pretty damn good.

• sarah
    November 23, 2008 - 2:07 pm ·

I took my gimpy car to the gas station and filled it with air. Hope it holds up til Les Schwab opens tomorrow! I’m so irritated – but glad you had a good run!

• aron
    November 23, 2008 - 4:19 pm ·

awesome job on the run!! i always got the worst arch blisters until i started to wear wright socks… they really help me. i still get occasional little ones but nothing like i used to!

• M*J*C
    November 23, 2008 - 4:26 pm ·

Great job on your run!!! I had a hell of a time with blisters during my marathon training, finally I found these socks called “Wright Double Layer”, they are the BOMB!!!!

November 23, 2008 - 4:45 pm ·

Great job! I was so missing having my running buddies today. I did spinning, weights and lots of walking in the beautiful sunshine.

Great job!!!!!

November 23, 2008 - 5:09 pm ·

Excellent run my friend!!

My two cents on socks:
    Drymax!!!! To me, they are the bomb!! Never a blister in sight!! EVER!!

Still excellent run!!

My 5K 27.55. You know when i finished i was soooo out of breathe and i was coughing and weezing the entire day! What is that all about??? Too cold air in my lungs perhaps???

• j.
    November 23, 2008 - 6:57 pm ·

Great job! The like the Balega socks. Since I started wearing them on long runs, I am free of the arch/pinky toe blisters.

November 24, 2008 - 7:43 am ·

Great job knocking out the 5 miles! The running will set you free. i used running socks for the first time on my saturday long run and it was great. really helped my feet feel better. still, the run did have some disgusting parts.

• Crabby McSlacker
    November 24, 2008 - 8:16 am ·

Sorry about the blisters, but that’s great about the run.

And, um, can we borrow your Cabana Boy for a couple of days? A Mexican vacation sounds great and he sounds like a VERY good sport.

Another round of margaritas, ole!