Random Monday Observations
I walk to and from work most days. Both for the exercise and for the savings. The best part of the walking is the chance to see so many things and people and to be able to write my observations down without having to pull over or cause an accident.
When something hits me, I just click on my pen (I walk carrying a notebook – just in case) and write it down. Sometimes I try to write and walk at the same time, and believe it or not, that doesn’t work out so well for me.
- I love it when Lexus drivers get pissed off at other Lexus drivers.
- Three guys smoking a hookah on a condo patio is something you’d never see in
- That jogger looks exactly like the “cat” on Red Dwarf.
- Does anyone else confuse the Christian Scientists and the Scientologists?
- This shirt scares Jehovah’s Witnesses, which got me out of awkwardly refusing a copy of The Watchtower.
- A poster, sporting a picture of a body outline surrounded by crime scene tape that reads: “Change your locks – It’s not worth the risk” confuses me. Are they saying that if I don’t periodically change my locks that I will be murdered? How will changing my locks protect me from random break-ins? Is the fact that this poster is on the door of a locksmith’s business in any way relevant?
- I was not surprised that the bumper sticker reading: “A man with a gun is a citizen/A man without a gun is a subject” was accompanied by at least six other bumper stickers celebrating the Marine life.
- With gas prices being the way they are ($3.28/gallon is the cheapest I’ve seen in days), how much would you have to pay a gas station in Santa Monica to shut down between 7 AM and 6 PM so you could park your filming equipment there?
And, because I love reading advice columns, almost as much as I love reading celebrity gossip, I will leave with this note, confidential to my
The new apartment is in