Monday Photo Essay

I don’t actually have a lot of photos for my essay today – but I did have two that I wanted to share with you.

The first is the long-awaited (at least by me) photo of the winter party dress.

Those shoes are NOT the shoes I intended to wear (they are, however, my wedding shoes AND the most expensive pair of shoes I’vew ever purchased – they cost twice as much as my wedding dress).Ā  That’s also kind of a strange angle, since we couldn’t find the tripod, so the camera is resting on the kitche counter.Ā  Aren’t we sharp? I do wish, though, that I had a more straight-on photo. My necklace is pretty! šŸ™‚

The next photo is from the blogging runner get together last Wednesday.

From left to right: The Ambitious One, me, Rocket-Shoes, his wife Running Stories, Junk Miles & our out-of-town guest: I *heart* running. Not picture (because he was our photographer) is Mr. Pi.

Our monthly get-togethers are quite fun! On our run yesterday, Junk Miles & I were talking about get togethers & potlucks,Ā  and determined that we might need to have a runner potluck. I think we might have to, at that.Ā Ā  Something to consider for February!

I know that this is not going to get me any sympathy, but DAMN! it’s hard to go to work on a Monday.

January 27, 2009 - 5:18 pm ·

Her photo was SLIGHTLY different – I can’t believe you couldn’t tell! (I only know because her photo was from a different camera) šŸ™‚

Thanks for the compliment – I felt pretty.

• Emily
    January 26, 2009 - 8:39 am ·

I agree, I love the dress, you look great. AND the shoes are hottt too! I cannot get myself to work today either. Considering an epic blogging day for my race report.

January 27, 2009 - 5:19 pm ·

The shoes are so pretty, and I do love them, but they are ridiculously uncomfortable. It’s such a disappointment.

January 26, 2009 - 9:01 am ·

Love the shoes! They ROCK!

We definitely need to do a February potluck…that sounds super fun. Hm…since I’m the default planner of the group I’ll have to send out an email =).

January 27, 2009 - 5:20 pm ·

If people want to come to NoPo, I would be willing to host – maybe Feb 26 or something (or a weekend date – Feb 21/22 or 28); I’ve not been to anyone else’s place, but mine might be the biggest.

January 27, 2009 - 5:22 pm ·

Thank you! It was nice to get all dressed up – and even though the shoes are crazy uncomfortable, they’re pretty enough that I put up with it.

January 26, 2009 - 11:11 am ·

Oh look how pretty you look! Great picture of you two. LOVE the shoes.

I am so in for a runner potluck. Zach just made some lemon bars last night that I know everyone would love. šŸ™‚ Just let me know when and where!

January 27, 2009 - 5:23 pm ·

Thanks! If everyone wants to travel to NoPo, I could host at my house; I’ll have to check with the architect, but am open 2/21, 2/22, 2/26 or 2/28.

January 26, 2009 - 7:54 pm ·

Seriously – that photo of you and The Architecht – frameworthy! You look hot šŸ™‚ Secondly – why do I have one red eye and one normal eye in the meet up photo? Do I have a problem? Is that why I’m single?? ha ha. And lastly – I love that everyone is getting on board with the potluck! Whoo hoo

January 27, 2009 - 5:23 pm ·

Thanks! I just wish it was a slightly better angle – but I might have to print & frame.

As for the eye – I’ve been meaning to mention something, but was afraid you’d be embarrassed! šŸ˜›

• Julianne
    January 26, 2009 - 10:27 pm ·

What a beautiful photo! I love the red and black scheme. And The Architect’s shirt match your wall! Awesome. It looks like a studio portrait. šŸ™‚

Ok, hopefully next time we meet up, I won’t have such a huge muffin top!!

• swivek
    January 27, 2009 - 12:05 pm ·

I love that picture of you two – it looks professionally done to me and as someone else said definitely frameable (is that a word??) anyway, I love it! Oh and the eye does go to those hot shoes.

January 27, 2009 - 5:26 pm ·

Thank you! It’s amazing what a good camera & a skilled architect can do. Glad you like the shoes, too šŸ™‚

I loved that photo you had on your blog yesterday, too.

When are you coming to visit me?

• P.O.M.
    January 27, 2009 - 4:53 pm ·

That is such a good pic. Am I a ding dong or did you just cut your hair? Or maybe this was discussed and I forgot. it looks great šŸ™‚